Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Top Ten Series I’d Like to Start But Haven’t Yet

Top Ten Books I Read In 2012


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by the folks over at The Broke and the Bookish. The idea is to put up a top ten list and share it with other bloggers. This week's list topic is:

Top Ten Series I’d Like to Start But Haven’t Yet

As a promiscuous reader/book philanderer/nerdy multi-tasker, this topic is SO perfect for me.

  1. The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. I know, I know. How can I claim to be obsessed with YA books if I haven't read this series yet? To be honest, it didn't appeal to me at first, but now with the movie out and everything, not gonna lie--I'm intrigued.

  2. Across the Universe by Beth Revis. I don't dabble much in sci-fi but I certainly want to change that! And the premise to this series sounds too cool. Cryogenics and love on a spaceship? Yes, please!

  3. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. Unlike with the Mortal Instruments, I've wanted to read this series since FOREVER, and now that the movie's out I only feel compelled to read it even more. Plus, I bought the whole series from the Kindle store for under $10 in total (Sunday Kindle deals FTW!).

  4. The Maze Runner by James Dashner. Apparently this book is a wonderful example of what very little backstory can actually do for plot, impact, and pacing. Plus, I love plot twists and turns, which this series apparently has in abundance. Brain shock, here I come!

  5. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. I've been looking for other sweeping epic fantasies like Graceling, and from the premise, this could be a winner.

  6. Legend by Marie Lu. I haven't read a great dual-narrator story in a while, much less one packed with action, so this seems like it could be a great read.

  7. Delirium by Lauren Oliver. Another YA dystopian classic. The cover hooked me from the start when it first came out, but I never got around to picking it up!

  8. Ender's Saga by Orson Scott Card. A classic. Period. Even non-sci-fi fans love this and refer to it all the time. I just bought the paperback copy recently, so hopefully I'll get around to it sooner rather than later.

  9. The Cousins' War by Philippa Gregory. I've been a fan of Tudor-era fiction for a long time--before I even hit middle school to be exact, thanks to the Young Royals books by Carolyn Meyer (and certainly before Jonathan Rhys Meyers entered my life). So when I found out that Philippa Gregory, one of my favorite authors, wrote up a series on the Plantagenets (the dynasty of royals before the Tudors) I scrambled to get my hands on it. Sadly I haven't had the time to read any of the books in the series, but I'm totally going to slap a post-it reminder somewhere and finally GET TO IT.

  10. Princess Academy by Shannon Hale. Remember Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine? (The actual book, not the cheesy rendition with Anne Hathaway.) I LOVED that book; I think I read it like 20+ times. But yeah, I'm hoping Shannon Hale's series might be reminiscent of that. Or if not, for it to be even more epic.

2 comments:

Thanks so much for stopping by! I'd love to hear back from you, so please feel free to leave a comment. By leaving a comment, you're also giving me the chance to visit your blog and discover new books, so YAY to win-win situations! (And if you chose to follow me, then it's safe to say that I am doing a spirited jig in your honor right now<3)