- The BBC is working on a television adaptation of J.K. Rowling's new book, The Casual Vacancy. The project is slated for a 2014 release. Click here to learn more.
- The Association of American Publishers (AAP) have reported that children's and YA e-book revenues are up 196% in the month of August. Take a look at the actual numbers.
- The 6th annual Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award contest is up and running! Learn more on the official contest site.
- The Goodreads Choice Award Winners are up! In the YA category, John Green won Best YA Fiction for The Fault in Our Stars and Veronica Roth won Best YA Fantasy for Insurgent. Check out the winning books!
- The New York Times is creating separate bestsellers lists for Middle Grade and YA books! (You can almost hear the thunderous cheer of ecstatic YA authors everywhere.) Both lists will account for both eBook and print book sales. For more information, click here.
- New York City's Diocesan House of the Cathedral of St. John the Divine has been declared a Literary Landmark, in honor of famed children's author Madeleine L'Engle association with its library. Read the article.
- Book buyer Beth Wagner spills the beans on what's selling at Phoenix Books this season. See which books are hot-hot-HOT right now.
- Coveting a piece of jewelry worn by your favorite YA heroine? Well, wish no more! Etsy.com features some pretty awesome YA-inspired jewelry (BTW, I'm totally in love with that Shadow and Bone-inspired antler necklace). Click here for a peek!
(Sources: GalleyCat, MediaBistro, Publishers Weekly, HuffPost Books)